The school community at Manangatang P-12 College is working together to become a more sustainable community. Staff and students are positive role models for sustainability and strive towards preservation of a healthy environment for all, both now and in the future. Manangatang P-12 College develops responsible, resilient and respectful citizens who make informed decisions on reducing their impact on the environment.
- To develop an environmentally conscious culture
at Manangatang P-12 College and its surrounding community.
- To minimise rubbish by recycling, reusing and
composting waste throughout the school, as much as possible, on a daily basis.
- To increase the biodiversity and habitat quality
score of the school grounds by planting indigenous species and improving the
habitat area for local wildlife.
- To reduce the energy consumption within the
school through smarter practices, greater efficiency as well as working towards
using more carbon neutral energy. See Manangatang Solar.
- To minimise the consumption of mains water
through water conservation initiatives and efficient use of resources and
- To reduce the use of resources by investigating